A scrub works in various ways as you massage it over your face or body. Exfoliating your skin helps to get rid of build up dirt, and to have your skin appearance look more healthy and radiant.
This scrub is very easy to make and yet works effectively. Just by using these simple ingredients you’ll have yourself a smoother, softer, and radiant skin. This scrub is gentle enough to use on a regular basis. Your skin isn’t as healthy as it can be if you’re not exfoliating. A healthy skincare routine does not only consist of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
PS, I have combination skin type, so what might work for me won’t work for you, but it doesn’t hurt to try!
Useful benefits of your DIY sugar & honey scrub:
- Evens skin tone
- Smoother skin, which will make your moisturizer or lotion work better
- Reduce the appearance of dark spots
- Minimize the appearance of large pores
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp Citrus (fresh lemon Juice)
- 1 tbs coconut oil (melted), or grape seed oil
- 1 tbs Honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- Apply the scrub to the face and gently massage in a circular motion using fingertips for at least two minutes, avoiding the eye area.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
NOTE: Store extra scrubs in an airtight lid container and store at room temperature for later use.